Christy needs to Blog: Great quotes by great women

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Great quotes by great women

Now, I'm not into forwards or man-bashing (I think men are, by and large, great), you would think that I wouldn't find this enjoyable. But some of these smart ladies have a point... I took out those that I didn't like - it is my blog after all:

Inside every older lady is a younger lady -- wondering what the hell happened.
-Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

I refuse to think of them as chin hairs. I think of them as stray eyebrows.
-Janette Barber-

A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car.
-Carrie Snow-

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

The phrase "working mother" is redundant.
-Jane Sellman-

Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows.
-Jennifer Unlimited-

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb -- and I'm also not blonde.
-Dolly Parton-

If high heels were so wonderful, men would still be wearing them.
-Sue Grafton-

I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career.
-Gloria Steinem-

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-

And this is my absolute favorite:
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
-Catherine-
posted by MamaChristy at 1:16 PM | 0 comments | |