Christy needs to Blog: Alright, alright

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Alright, alright

Since I have recently been assured that someone other than me reads this on occasion - and since I am avoid my list of things to do that is a MILE long - I'll blog. Speaking of my list, I about went into heart failure earlier when I could not find said list. I swear that a gremlin took it away and hid it for a while because once I found it, it was in a spot I had looked at least four times. Perhaps the cleaning I did to find it was more important that I thought. Of course, now that I've found it, I'm in no hurry...

I'm paranoid that I will forget something in my office. I know that I can come back and get something if I forget it, but I don't want anyone to think I'm running off with something that isn't mine. Plus, if I forget something big (like my fake ficus tree) it will be a pain to get it home with the boy in the car. Not that I particularly need a fake plant or some lamps - whoever said offices are hell with fluorescent lighting was a genius so lamps are very necessary - in my home, but J might like them in his office.

I have another lead on freelance work. An area symphony is looking for a grant writer and I was recommended. One of these days soon, J is going to make me some business cards and a website so I at least have a place to send people for contact information. Now, can I find a six-letter available dot-com (that makes sense!) for myself? Is it worth the few bucks a month to have it? How much will I really use it? I have GOT to get my rear in gear and do some research about fair rates for this kind of work. I have ideas, but I want my rates to be high enough to make it worth my time and low enough that people will actually want to contract me for work. I suppose that is the dilemma of nearly every business, though...

I hate this not knowing. I really feel like there is the bend in the road of my life and I really don't know what's to come. Are we going to struggle financially? I don't think so, but it is certainly possible. Will I be pleased with the choice I've made? Seriously, I'm giving up a job I love. I love the boy more, but will I really be happy I did this in a year?

Faith, I must have. Joy, I must find. Watched too much Star Wars, I have.
posted by MamaChristy at 1:50 PM | 0 comments | |