Christy needs to Blog: Here I sit

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Here I sit

I know that everyone hates it when they can't sleep, but I really hate it. It's not yet 6 a.m. on Saturday morning and I have been awake for nearly an hour. So rather than toss and turn in bed (J complained the last time I did that, but I was able to go back to sleep the last time - I'm in it for the long haul this time) I decided to get up and blog.

So I've been wondering if my parents felt the same way when I was born that I felt when the boy was born. I'm really not sure - I tend to think that no one could possibly feel about their baby how I feel about mine, though I know it isn't true - I was the third baby for my mom and the second for my dad. Not that they would love me less because I wan't the first, but the parenting "newness" would have long ago worn off. I guess that's something I will have to revisit when I have another baby, years from now.

So my book club is reading Why Men Love Bitches by Sherry Argov. It's, well, not good. Perhaps I'm too far removed from the dating scene - J and I will have been together for 10 years in October - or, and I think this is more likely, I'm just far enough away from being lonely and sad to not have a lover that I can see that this is preying on the "nice girls" that Argov so very hard on throughout the book. I hope the other girls read this book - we have the best book discussions about the books we like the least!

Has the computer screen done the trick that an hour in bed couldn't? I'm feeling tired (well no kidding! It's the freaking ass-crack of dawn!) so I'm laying down on my couch hoping ot nap for 30 minutes before the boy arises bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and LOUD.
posted by MamaChristy at 3:56 AM | 0 comments | |