Christy needs to Blog: No going back (at least not for good!)

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

No going back (at least not for good!)

My boss from my last job called me today and they have hired someone to replace me. I'm going next Thursday to do a day of training. This means there's no going back.

I don't want to go back - I love being home with the boy and getting the things done that we used to only be able to do in the evenings and on weekends. But at the same time, it's hard to know this is it. It was so nice to know that for a few weeks after I left all I would have had to do was call and I could have gotten my old job back. Safe, comfortable, already-know-how-to-do-it job that I, for the most part, really liked.

This is how things are supposed to be, but it's really hard to let go sometimes. It's like holding a balloon outside and deciding to let go of the string. You already made the decision to let go, there's no way to get it back, but that doesn't mean that you don't watch the balloon until it's too far away to see.
posted by MamaChristy at 11:03 AM | 2 comments | |