Christy needs to Blog: Sometimes you can't blog about anything you want...

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sometimes you can't blog about anything you want...

I'd like to blog about the person I know who is having plastic surgery (no, it isn't anyone that any of you know) or the fact that I found a disturbing and questionable substance on my porch - excuse me, terrace if you ask the apartment people - but I just can't. My thoughts on the cosmetic surgery aren't anything that I want to every get back to the patient and I dare not put it in writing. The substance on my porch, well, it's probably nothing and I'm moving in a couple months so I'm gonna mind my own business.

Instead of those things, I'm gonna tell you about how I really want to go to Ikea in Houston to get bookshelves and bask in the cheap splendor of minimalist design. We want to go, but that will require borrowing my dad's car and spending three entire hours - each way - in the car with an 18 month old. Hy.per.vent.ilating. as I type. The one I think I like has to be purchased at a store (no shipping of the big stuff) and I want to see it and be sure before I spend as much as 300 clams on the sucker. Perhaps I will just have to wait until next Christmas and make a trip to Houston - perhaps an over-night one with a hotel stay? - what I ask for.
posted by MamaChristy at 6:45 PM | 5 comments | |