Christy needs to Blog: Holy hell but it hurts!

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Holy hell but it hurts!

I've been absent, I know. It was unintentional as Tuesday I hurt my back. Badly. I'm on the mend, but it hasn't been pretty.

The boy weighs almost 29 lbs. 29! He's almost three feet tall and is just a big kid.* A big kid that is still very much a baby and needs me to haul him about. I was twisted at an awkward angle and he was sitting at an awkward angle and I lifted with my back rather than my legs... Well, I was in the garage and managed to set the boy down - rather than drop him, you know - and tell him "Go play with your truck, sweetie. Mama's gonna lie on the floor a minute." And I did it without screaming in agony. Or cussing. I am the epitome of self-restraint. Ten minutes on the floor of the dirty garage and I was able to carry on. I was on the verge of fainting all day, but I carried on.

Wednesday wasn't as good. I woke up and could barely get out of bed. J stayed home with the boy in the morning and after a few waking hours of rest, I managed to make it through the afternoon. I had a visit from Colleen to look forward to, so I think that helped. Thursday was a little better, but at 4 a.m. Friday I had to have J help me turn over in bed. *sigh*

I'm slowly getting better and the boy has been pretty sweet. I have never been so thankful for him wanting more independence.

At least I've gotten some use out of my HUGE bathtub! :)

* I've looked at a couple of online calculators and they are predicting the boy will be nearly SIX FEET TALL!!! He will tower over us both!
posted by MamaChristy at 6:21 PM | 3 comments | |