Christy needs to Blog: And I feel like the worst person on Earth...

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

And I feel like the worst person on Earth...

So Ring-a-ding's mommy has been going to physical therapy for a couple of weeks and when she first started her husband was in a class where he wasn't sure what kind of hours he was going to be working. RAD's mommy asked me to watch her and I told her it wouldn't be a problem. My understanding was that she needed my help with this until he husband was done with his class. She told me today that was her impression as well. We were both wrong.

I very tactfully told her that I thought I was helping out while her husband was indisposed. I just wanted her to know that, but I was still very willing to help her out because in the grand scheme of things, it wouldn't be that long (twice a week for six or eight weeks, I think) and that her health is more important. Her husband refuses to try to get off work early so that she can go take care of herself. She's reluctant to hire a babysitter that she doesn't know - which I can completely understand. So she decided to take Ring-a-ding with her to therapy rather than impose on me.

I feel like a total bitch.

At least she didn't seem hurt by me telling her how I felt. She said that she didn't want me watching RAD to negatively impact our friendship.

Damn. I still feel like such a bitch.
posted by MamaChristy at 11:25 AM | 6 comments | |