Christy needs to Blog: And if that wasn't enough, he fell face first into a pile of bricks...

Sunday, May 07, 2006

And if that wasn't enough, he fell face first into a pile of bricks...

Well, guess who got sick once the boy started feeling better? Ding! Ding! That's right! Me! Aren't I lucky?

Actually I am lucky because my parents live close and were able to rescue my child from an afternoon with a sick mom as J was unable to get off work. And I'm lucky because J wasn't feeling well on the weekend (though his unwell feeling is different than how the boy and I felt sick) and we could do restful things that were also fun and J didn't have to feel guilty about not being at work or go to work and just suffer though some uncomfortable days.

So my poor boy has had a rough few weeks. He's not been sleeping well since we moved. I messed up my back (it's almost normal now, thanks for asking). He got sick. I got sick. It rained - a good thing since we are in a serious drought here - and that meant trips to the park have been limited.

We went on a walk last night. Yeah, right. A walk. More like a survey expedition to see how many of the sold-but-not-yet-completed houses we can get into and say things like "That is soooo ugly!" or "Why in the world would you put carpet in your eating area?" or "Man did they spend a lot of money on this place!" After an enjoyable excursion (am I starting to sound like a Ford commercial?) we were on our way home and the boy was having a grand time "chasing" us and playing his not-quite-two version of tag. He wasn't looking where he was going and fell - it's not what you are thinking - into the mud of an unfinished yard. He screamed. Not about hurting himself in the fall but because he had mud on his hands. Lots of it. And he kept brushing his hands together in an effort to clean them and it didn't come off and he cried anew with each glance at his hands. And if that wasn't enough, he fell face first into a pile of bricks because he wasn't looking where he was going. He's fine - don't feel too bad for him as he has had a real attitude lately.

I'll tell you a story about a dead chicken soon... (Aren't you on the edge of your seat?)
posted by MamaChristy at 6:29 PM | 6 comments | |