Christy needs to Blog: I can't wait until they go and yet all I can do is think about them when they aren't here

Friday, December 22, 2006

I can't wait until they go and yet all I can do is think about them when they aren't here

My boys went to have the oil changed in my car and then to the park for a little wear out the kid fun time. I was looking forward to being able to watch whatever I wanted on TV when they left and putting on my makeup without someone (read: the boy) saying "me have a turn" when I was putting on my eyeliner.

And what do I really wanna do? Blog about how the boy looks so big since we gave him his first hair cut with clippers yesterday.

Here is my baby:


And here is the boy that be became in under ten minutes with the clippers and the scissors:


I knew how it was going to be. He would look older and bigger and I would feel a little sad. But knowing I would feel that way didn't make me not feel that way. Parenting is hard sometimes. I think particularly hard when good things that make you realize that they are growing up. Who knew the hardest part of parenting would be the best times?
posted by MamaChristy at 8:38 AM | 2 comments | |