Christy needs to Blog: Impatient

Monday, December 18, 2006

Impatient

I'm just about ready for Christmas. I still need to make puppy chow for the neighbors, put together the little table and chairs for my neighbor's little girl and cook our contribution to Christmas dinner with my parents, but other than that, everything is done. Decorations are up, presents purchased and wrapped, Christmas cards mailed (mostly) - pretty much done.

You would think I'd be just sighing in relief at not having to fight the crowds or rush at the last minute. But really I'm just impatient. I'm excited for J to open his gifts and even more excited about the boy tearing into all of the carefully wrapped packages. This is the first year I think he will be really into it, and I just can't wait. J keeps telling me that it will be here and gone before I know it. He's right - I know that. But I'm still excited and full of anticipation. And feeling very impatient this day, just a week before Christmas.
posted by MamaChristy at 6:45 AM | 6 comments | |