Christy needs to Blog: If your heart is pure and your desire great

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

If your heart is pure and your desire great

Okay, so a pure heart and my desire have nothing to do with the exciting - at least to me - things going on in my life right now.

The boy has deemed it time to use the potty. MONTHS of bribery incentives didn't do much of anything. He had to decide. We are still having accidents, but thanks to the Pull-Ups*, I haven't had any puddles. We are getting there and let me tell you, it's a relief. That's all I have to say about that.

Craig's List is pretty awesome for free. I know that I'm the last person in the Western Hemisphere to discover this, but totally true. I was thrilled to get $75 for our queen sized bed that the new, beautiful king bed replaced. I had a guy who said he was interested in a TV, but then didn't show. Ah, well. At least I didn't have to pay for an ad in the paper and it's free to list it again.

Do you read Design Mom? Well, you should. Not only is she a mom with great taste and style - for more than just those things having to do with being a mom - but she has giveaways. At least once a week. Sometimes more often. For AWESOME stuff. And I won all this cool stuff from One Wish World. So, go check out Gabrielle's site and you, too, could be a winner. And even if you don't win, who of us couldn't use at least a little advice about how to make your surroundings a little more beautiful?


*I know some people say that Pull-Ups are the work of the devil and are just expensive, glorified diapers. I have found that since he's ready to try but not completely "there" with the pee yet, they are quite helpful for us. They have little designs that disappear when he has an accident and I can look at the front of his shorts and tell that he's struggling and not having to clean up a puddle off of my nice couch or pretty new carpet.

Labels: , ,

posted by MamaChristy at 11:58 AM | 4 comments | |