Christy needs to Blog: "I <i>know</i>, Mommy."

Friday, February 23, 2007

"I know, Mommy."

Sometimes I wonder how the boy knows things. Not like "How do you know how to put words together in sentences?" but more like "Can you even see that from where you are?"

One morning, the boy slept until an almost unheard of 7:40 a.m. Since j and I were both in the bathroom getting ready for the day, I had the monitor on so I could hear the boy when he got up. I heard him stir and - even though the blinds were tightly closed in his room - he states "It's so foggy outside!" J and I stare at each other in disbelief. It was indeed very foggy. We were unable to tell this until we opened the blinds.

I head in to get the boy up since J is still dripping from his morning shower and after we exchange pleasantries, I inquire about his knowledge of the weather. "I know it's foggy, Mommy." I spent several minutes looking from the edge of his bed at the closed blinds trying to figure out how in the name of all that's good, he could have seen that it was like pea soup outside. As far as I could tell, there is no way he could see and discern such.

Upon repeated asking, his answer remained constant: "It's really, really foggy. I know it's foggy."

Perhaps he's clairvoyant about the weather. Perhaps I'll have to look into some good meteorology programs for him when he's ready for college.

Labels: ,

posted by MamaChristy at 12:47 PM | 2 comments | |