Christy needs to Blog: I'm such a lemming

Monday, May 28, 2007

I'm such a lemming

I find myself sometimes taking on the interests of others. I'm up for anything fun or crafty, and if I have a friend who's learning something new, I'm liable to join right in. Case in point: Crochet.

My friend and neighbor, pcosmama, mentioned that she was doing some crochet projects. Did I want to see? Well, of course! So pretty! So fun! Did I ever tell you one of my childhood frineds tried to teach me to crochet a bit? I wasn't good at it, but then I didn't really apply myself....

So on a trip to Wal-Mart one morning, I wandered through the notions area and a kit caught my eye. Five crochet hooks, two plastic yarn needles, a bunch of colorful little circles (that I now know are markers, whatever that means) and a booklet titled "I Taught Myself Crochet." And what do you know? I did!



I'm a junky. I'm finding patterns on the internet and have spent too much money on yarn the past couple weeks. At least I can make pretty gifts - as long as I give myself enough time!

Labels: , ,

posted by MamaChristy at 6:45 PM | 7 comments | |