Christy needs to Blog: Letter lament

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Letter lament

It is so great that the Boy is doing so well on his letters and can, sort of sound out words at three and a half. He's not quite read to read just yet, but I think that will come soon. He can always identify the first letter of a word that has been said if asked and can (with a little coaching) figure out what letters make up small words like mom, dad or cat. It is very exciting and I'm proud of my little guy. And yet.

This means the beginning of the end of a form of secret communication between my husband and I. It's so nice and easy to talk about something in front of him right now without him knowing. He can ask me if I have a preference between our son having p-u-d-d-i-n-g or i-c-e c-r-e-a-m as an after dinner treat (usually sugar free pudding). The p-a-r-k or the m-u-s-e-u-m (depends on how much time we have). The t-r-a-i-n or f-e-e-d the d-u-c-k-s (do you have cash? do we have frozen bread?).

I'm so going to miss the spelling.

Labels:

posted by MamaChristy at 6:41 AM | 5 comments | |