Christy needs to Blog: I'm not proud of it, but I would probably do it again

Friday, June 08, 2007

I'm not proud of it, but I would probably do it again

A week or so ago, I was mowing the lawn and was reminded that despite my comfortable little suburban neighborhood the following is still true: I live in the sticks. I'm listening to my iPod (Black Devil Car by Jamirquoi) and happily running the lawn mower over the side yard. I'm be-bopping behind my self-propelled machine when I see it squirming away in the grass. A snake.

Really, I only glimpsed about two inches of the thing - neither head nor tail - but saw enough to tell that the thing was about an inch in diameter and therefore quite alarming. My reaction was instinctual. I tried to chop it up with the mower.

If you must know, I missed. I know that snake serve a purpose in the environment and eat many other concerning critters, but man they scare the living daylights out of me. All I could think was how it was going to bite my baby (Shut up! He is too a baby!) and then slither away and I wouldn't be able to identify him and the boy would DIE! Am I over-reacting? Probably, but I blame my murderous tendencies toward snakes on my motherly instincts.

Labels:

posted by MamaChristy at 6:17 PM | 5 comments | |