Christy needs to Blog: I hope I never feel that way

Thursday, September 29, 2005

I hope I never feel that way

We finally watched last week's ER last night and one of the characters said that she just wanted her life back after having a child at a young age. It seemed like a horrible thing to say. Do you have to put your life on hold for your kid? I guess you can look at it that way if you want. I prefer to look at it as "life with kids in the house" rather than "life on hold." What a sad existence to not be able to enjoy your family.

But it made me wonder if I feel the way I do because J and I waited a while (we'd been married five years and been together eight years) to have kids and the boy was totally expected and wanted. Do younger parents feel like the character on the show? Don't get me wrong, I need time away from my child. But right now even the thought of an overnight trip away from him is too hard to think about.
posted by MamaChristy at 12:33 PM | 1 comments | |