Christy needs to Blog: This day ten years ago...

Thursday, October 06, 2005

This day ten years ago...

This day TEN YEARS AGO - that's right, more than a third of my life ago - J and I had our first date. We ate at this lovely little shack in San Marcos, Texas called Grins. I think it's closed now, but I will forever remember it fondly for the outdoor deck seating that made you feel like you were in the treetops. They had the best broccoli-cheese soup on a cool evening. J and I watched a praying mantis in awe as it delicately walked over a leaf on the railing next to our table. We went to see "Devil in a Blue Dress" with Denzel Washington and J teased me for wearing socks with reindeer on them. I couldn't pay attention to the movie because his hand on my knee was too distracting. I love looking back on that day, with our lives in front of us and the anticipation of what was to come. It's also wonderful to know that I have never been so happy as I am today. Thank you, God, for my beautiful life - and for all of the wonderful people who make it that way!
posted by MamaChristy at 7:26 PM | 3 comments | |