Christy needs to Blog: Waiting

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Waiting

Most days, I'm quite happy with my life. I have everything that I really want: wonderful husband, darling son, great family, nice material things (not that they really matter in the grand scheme of things, but they make life more pleasant).

Then there are the few days when I'm really not happy. I'm really not happy. Those are the days when I feel like I'm waiting all day. Waiting for the baby to go to sleep. Waiting for the baby to wake up. Waiting for J to get home. Waiting for the cashier at Wal-Mart to make change. Waiting for the stoplight to change. Waiting for the mail to arrive. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting!

I was thinking that this was a new feeling for me since I quit work, or even since I became a parent. But I realized that I've always been feeling like this. Waiting to graduate high school. Waiting to get married. Waiting to graduate college. Waiting to start the next new and exciting job. Waiting to get pregnant. Waiting for the baby. Waiting to start work so that I could wait to stop it again. Perhaps that's just life. Perhaps the real trick is figuring out how to enjoy the waiting. You can't stop, but perhaps you can learn not to care about the waiting and just enjoy the moment. Yeah. That's just what I'm going to do.
posted by MamaChristy at 6:00 PM | 2 comments | |