Christy needs to Blog: I'd stick my head in the oven, but it's electric.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I'd stick my head in the oven, but it's electric.


So I knew this parenting thing wasn't going to be easy, but no one told me it would be this hard sometimes. For days the boy has woken up in the morning and after his nap SCREAMING bloody murder every. single. time. At first I thought it was tummy aches. Then teething. Now I think he may just be trying to kill me because I just don't know how much more I can take. He doesn't seem to hurt other than the fact that he needs about an hour more sleep a day than he is currently getting. Nothing has changed and I don't know what to do. I keep thinking that it will pass and he will be the pleasant little boy - other than the daily tantrums normal for a boy who turned two just three days ago - that I know and love. As it is, he's tired and that makes more willful and disobedient and crabby and prone to pushing me than he normally is.

God help me. Is this a phase? Am I stuck living with someone I don't entirely like (At least not today, anyway. I love him, but I don't like him much right now.) for the next 16+ years? Normally I'm a pretty patient and optimistic person, but I'm wondering how some people seem to always be so together and never lose their cool. Because right now, I'm pretty lost.
posted by MamaChristy at 5:46 PM | 4 comments | |