Christy needs to Blog: Men are to golf like women are to babies

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Men are to golf like women are to babies


When J goes golfing with people - which is rare; he golfed for the first time in three years on our vacation a couple weeks ago - I always ask him what they talked about while they were golfing. The invariable answer? Golf. When men golf, they primarily talk about golfing. Some work or family speak may make a small appearance now and again, but mostly they talk about what they are doing.

J pointed out to me that when I get together with my girlfriends with children, we talk about the children. This is true and I admit it.

I know that there are many golf techniques and strategies, but ultimately the goal is to put the ball in the hole by touching it as little as possible. Talk of the kids also leads to one goal: a well-rounded, happy little person who grows up to be a happy, productive member of society. Of course, I suspect that men rarely discuss when to wean the ball or comment on how big their putter seems since they started telling it what a "big boy" it is. Who knew children and golf were so similar?
posted by MamaChristy at 7:14 PM | 1 comments | |