Christy needs to Blog: Good golly who, can you believe he's TWO!?!

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Good golly who, can you believe he's TWO!?!

Two years ago at 9:35 p.m. on July 23 I had just dropped my brand new baby boy off at the nursery for a bath and J had gone to get Chinese food because he was starving. Me, I was just tired and happy and still feeling okay in my, uh, nether regions because of my epidural.

Tonight, I'm nearly as tired as I was then, but only because we had a birthday party and not a birth. That is a good thing because a) I don't want to be pregnant right now and b) I know that I won't have anyone waking me up in a couple hours wanting to continue to be fed by my body.

We had a great party and I luxuriated in the fact that this is the last party before the boy can request his own theme (this year it was Cars because he LOVES them) and the last party for a while where we don't need an activity to entertain the kids. They just played and entertained themselves for the most part. Everyone shared and no one bit anyone and people liked my cupcakes. I would say that is the recipe for the perfect two-year old's birthday party.

I can't believe that my baby isn't a baby anymore, but I'm so glad that I have such a wonderful little boy!
posted by MamaChristy at 7:38 PM | 1 comments | |