Christy needs to Blog: The King

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The King

Today on our way home from getting the mail, the boy and I ran into a neighbor and stopped to chat. She had her two daughters with her and another little pair of sisters who are friends with her kids who stay with their granny in our neighborhood during the day. Neighbor and I were talking and one little girl asked:

"Does he know how to walk?"

"Yes. Would you like to see?"

"Uh-huh! Yeah! Yeah!"

So I lift the boy out of his stroller and set him on the sidewalk in his slippers.

"Wow! He can walk!"

Neighbor and I chat and the four little girls - two aged six years and two aged three years - descend upon my lovely little bundle of male child. They are huddled around him touching him and oohing over him and then one little girl runs to a tree, picks up a fallen branch with leaves. She waves it over his head like a palm frond and all four of the little girls start saying, "Oh, look, it's the king! The king! A little king!"

I guess it is official. My boy is worshiped by women of all ages.
posted by MamaChristy at 6:47 PM | 0 comments | |