Christy needs to Blog: Yes, there really is a Santa Claus

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Yes, there really is a Santa Claus

On the recommendation of Blogging Baby I have been reading Santa Claus' blog. It is so well done, the cheery old elf must be doing it himself.

I wrote him a note and told him that we were going to be participating in the Angel Tree program in our area and I was wondering how I should explain this to the boy when he is bigger. Did these kids just not get their letter in on time? Here is his touching answer:

It is a big world and there are big problems out there. Santa, even with the magic of Christmas, just can not do it all by himself. He gives to as many as he can so that they can share their blessings with others. If everyone that is blessed enough to receive something from Santa will share something with someone else through programs like the Angel Tree, then everyone will receive a little Christmas cheer. And - trust me on this one as I should be the expert - you will find that giving to others in need is a bigger blessing and greater joy than Santa can ever give you.

Merry Christmas. And thanks for your note.

- Santa

I believe, Santa. I really do believe.
posted by MamaChristy at 7:39 PM | 1 comments | |