Christy needs to Blog: Other than Christmas, I haven't been this excited about a Monday in a while

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Other than Christmas, I haven't been this excited about a Monday in a while

So FunkyBrownChick has this cool internet radio show on Monday nights called Dating Roadkill. It debuted on January 1 and was fun and funky even though it has been a while since I was dating anyone I wasn't married to.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night's show. "Bitches. Men love them." is going to feature Sherry Argov, author of "Why Men Love Bitches". I read this book for my now defunct book club a couple years ago and hated it. Some of the messages were good - self-esteem, independence, self-respect - but it encourages women to play games and act in a way that will attract men rather than ways to find quality men. Quality men I think is the real issue.

I found her book - it makes an excellent riser for my pitcher collection on top of my kitchen cupboards - and flipped through it to make notes. Two pages of notes. I'm going to go back through it and narrow it down to the most damning two or three items. As I told FunkyB, I promise to be civil, but she is NOT going to like what I have to say when I call in. I. can't. wait.

Labels:

posted by MamaChristy at 12:25 PM | 2 comments | |